- Paints and varnishes
- Lawn & Garden
- Building supplies
- Adhesives & putties
- Cement and concrete
- Construction safety items
- Adhesives & sealants
- Polyurethane Foams
- Roofing materials
- Ηousehold items
- Car care
Isomix fire brick
ISOMIX FIRE BRICK is a specially formulated fireproof, cement-based, adhesive for bonding and grouting firebricks. It contains high strength fireproof cement, fine quality quartz aggregate, special additives and resins, which offer excellent strength and resistance to high temperatures and extensive temperature changes. It presents high adhesion strength, moisture resistance and excellent workability. It is suitable for interior and exterior use.
- Excellent quality of raw materials
- Excellent resistance to high temperatures (+1400°C)
- Excellent moisture resistance
- Excellent adhesive strength
- Excellent workability
- Exterior and interior use
- Easy, clean and fast application
- Suitable for fixing and grouting all kinds of firebricks in places where high temperatures are reached such as fireplaces, wood ovens, stoves, chimneys, barbeques etc.
- It is also suitable for repairing damaged mortar joints and firebricks.
- Make sure that substrates and firebricks are clean and free of oily residues, dust, dirt, paints etc.
- For temperatures over 30oC firebricks must be thoroughly dampened prior to application
- Add 1kg of water in a clean bucket and add gradually, under constant stirring, 5kg of FIRE BRICK.
- Using a low-speed electrical mixer stir well until a uniform viscous mixture with the desired workability is formed.
- The working time of the mixture is 1,5 - 2 hours. Periodical stirring is advised avoiding the addition of more water.
- The mixture should be applied uniformly on the surface using a spatula- trowel. Use plastic or metallic spacers for joint formation.
- Use the same adhesive for grouting, applying the material with a trowel or the Pointing gun Mercola. Smooth the surface with a thin trowel or blade.
- Remove any excess material using a wet sponge before the final curing.
- For outdoor applications or at high ambient temperatures, repeated dampening of the grout with a sponge is recommended in order to avoid fast drying.
- The fireplace or oven is ready for use within 7 days.