- Paints and varnishes
- Lawn & Garden
- Building supplies
- Adhesives & putties
- Cement and concrete
- Construction safety items
- Adhesives & sealants
- Polyurethane Foams
- Roofing materials
- Ηousehold items
- Car care
Megafoam low expansion
MEGAFOAM LOW EXPANSION is high quality, self-expanding, one – component, ready to use polyurethane foam for professional use. It has a minimal expansion after application (less than 50%) and is therefore very economical to use. It contains CFC-free propellants, which are completely harmless to the ozone layer.
- Low post-expansion
- Excellent adhesion on most substrates
- High thermal and sound insulation
- Higher yield - Excellent filling capacities
- Excellent mounting capacities
- Excellent stability
- User and environment friendly
- Fixing and sealing of window and doorframes
- Filling of cavities around pipes or other
- Sealing of all openings in roof constructions
- Fixing of insulation materials and roof constructions
- Thermal and sound insulation
- Sealing and filling around pipes and conduits
- Application of a soundproofing layer on motors
- Improving thermal insulation in cooling systems
- Not recommended for applications on Teflon, ΡΕ & ΡΡ
- Moistening of the surfaces and the uncured foam with a water sprayer improves adhesion and curing speed.
- Surfaces must be clean, free of dust and grease.
- Wear suitable protective gloves.
- Shake the can well for at least 30 seconds.
- Fit the tube onto the valve
- Hold the can upside-down and extrude the foam by pressing the valve
- Gaps have to be filled partially up to 65% as the foam will expand
- Repeat shaking regularly during application.
- If you have to work in layers repeat moistening after each layer.
A suitability test is recommended.
- Avoid contact with uncured foam after application especially at low temperatures.
- Cured PU foam must be protected from UV radiation by applying a top layer of PU or acrylic paint or sealant (silicone, acrylic, MS Polymer).